Lily is the steriotypical picky eater. Some time after the terrible twos were over, but before the fabulous fours set in, Lily learned the power of refusing to eat. She figured out that I can't force her to chew and swallow. No matter what I make, how I cut it, prepare and present it, it's done all wrong. It's not the way she likes it, and so she refuses to eat all meals. I have tried ignoring it, bribing with dessert, not allowing her to leave the table until something is tried. All my efforts have been in vain.
But today I realized that I hadn't recorded Lily's height on our growth chart yet. And now she's five. It's been five months since we last did it, at Eve's birthday. Both of my girls have grown over two inches in only five months! So I've figured it out. She must be eating when I'm not looking! While I am in the shower she must be quickly devouring all the vegetables that are icky during dinner. Hurry and swallow some peas while I'm changing Eve, grab a banana if I'm distracted on the phone. There's no way one forced bite a day could sustain this kind of growth, so I've discovered her secret!
No comments:
Post a Comment