Thursday, April 27, 2006

I was knocked out flat

I was so productive on Tuesday. We were getting our lawn ready to be seeded. I mowed, trimed and moved a bunch of dirt. In general made myself very tired. So we decided it was a good night to eat take-out KFC. I didn't know what a bad idea that was until later...

About an hour after dinner my stomache started to hurt. Just before turning in I asked DH to clean the toilet. (I hate throwing up in dirty toilets.) That night I was stricken with food poisoning. It kept me up most of the night.

DH was kind enough to stay home from work on Wednesday, because I was not well yet. Exhausted and unable to eat I stayed in bed for most of the day. At dinner time I was finally able to tolerate a mug of Cambell's Chicken Noodle Soup.

Last night I sleep well and I woke up feeling weak, but pretty good. I've been eating again, hooray! My experience makes me a little more wary about eating out. But I'm glad it's over.

6 comments:

Lanell said...

I'm so sorry!! Glad you are feeling better now!

Rachelle said...

Yeesh! Not a fun experience! Glad you are feeling better!

Elozia Marie said...

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck! I'm sorry - Food Poisoning is LAME!

Amber said...

ugg! Mom's aren't allowed to get sick!! Didn't you get the memo?? Glad you're feeling better!

QueenMeadow said...

I'm sorry, that is no fun at all!! I hope today is even better for you.

Anonymous said...

ugh! at least you had clean toilets to puke in! NO MORE KFC!