Here are some of my favorite games. I and my husband love to play all sorts of games. We're finding it harder to play very often now as our lives have filled up with other more pressing things. But if we have a moment, or an evening, we might pick up one of these. Happy gaming.
1. Settlers of Catan An excellent choice for a night of fun. We rung in more than one New Years Eve playing this game. It has just enough strategy, that experienced players do well, but enough luck that a new comer, might still win. Highly recommended to learn the game by playing with friends who already know how. It's pretty complicated.
2. Puerto Rico Very complicated, it takes a while to learn. But very fun. It's all strategy. Definately learn to play with a knowledgable friend.
3. Bohnanza An easy game to understand. You can play with a little less seriousness, which is good sometimes. It's silly in nature, but still takes a little strategy and luck to win.
4. Othello An old classic, I like it because I can beat Gordon at it, every time!:)
5. Spider Solitare, It's great for passing time while waiting for a slow page to load on the computer.
6. Hand and Foot A wonderful social card game that I learned from my in-laws. I love that you can chat during it, it doesn't take too much concentration. It does take a lot of cards, one deck per player. And it's best if all of the decks are the exact same size, or they are hard to shuffle together. A game of all chance.
7. Rummikub I like this game because Gordon is willing to play it with me. He won't play Othello any more. It's fun. The best Rummikub game I've ever seen was between my brothers-in-law, Lantz and Bryce, during my first Christmas in the family. They took it to lengths I have never seen before or since.
8. Risk Another game with lots of memories attached to it. I have played this game for years, growing up. Then in college a group of friends I was part of began massive tournaments of Risk, I think we played over a 100 times. I'm quite played out of the game still. But I love looking back at the memories.
9. Memory This one I'm sure everyone knows. I like it because I can play it with my daughter. She still wants to make sure that she gets to hold the pretty cards. So I have to hand over flowers or crowns if I find them. It's teaching her to take turns, and memorize and count. So it's a great, fun, learning game.
10. Skip-Bo, another card game. My sister was given it for Christmas years ago. We played it so much that the cards wore out. I like that you can play with a large group of people.
4 comments:
Psst. You only have 9 listed!
I typed it out, somehow blogspot ate it. It was Skip-Bo
Do you remember playing that with the Becksteads?
I remember playing Skip-Bo with Grandma (and Uno) You guys should try Dutch Blitz.. you've got to be fast but it's fun!
Maria =)
Post a Comment