Sunday, March 04, 2007

Getting Healthier

Our Stake President (regional church leader) has been encouraging us to take better care of the bodies we have been blessed with. To encourage this further we've had a fireside on how to train for a 5k and challenged the whole Stake to lose 125,000 pounds together. It's about 10 pounds a person. So I am trying to do my part. I am still very weak and pudgy from my last pregnancy. I've been trying to be more active, and eat healthier. I haven't gone on a diet, just trying to have less sweets and more vegetables.

Anyways, yesterday was our first Stake 5k. I didn't train, but I figured I should be able to at least walk the whole thing. I made it, to the end, and I was last! I came in very last! Someone has to be in that position, and this time it was me. Not that I was trying to be very quick, I did push a double stroller for half of it. But I'm thinking I need to get out exercising more.

5 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

congrats! You showed up, and did not give up!

Kerri and Cody said...

good for you! Yeah, I just started running again (now that we finally have decent enough weather) and it's a little harder when your pushing a stoller (and I just have a single one.. can't imagine pushing a double)

Lanell said...

Congrats on finishing the race!!!!

Amber said...

YAY! You finished. (I'm rolling that you were dead last though). DId you get a 'good try' award?

KAT said...

They had brought plastic medals to give out to the people who completed the race. But they ran out of them before I got there.