Because the air has a chill to it I've been in the mood for soup. I haven't made soup for years, I think, because it's always been too hot to let a pot boil for an extended period of time indoors.
Soups I've made so far:
Cream of Potato Soup
Corn Chowder
Pea Soup
Chili
Jambalaya
Saurkraut (which is really just soup-ish)
The really good thing about this is that my kids have loved all of the soups. They actually eat them and haven't complained! Most of my recipes just come out of my "Better Homes and Garden's New Cookbook" and they are yummy!
7 comments:
Just for something new, we added Italian dressing and pepper to a potato soup a few weeks ago--that sure was spicy!
I love when it becomes soup weather! We are still waiting for it to get cold enough (we've been in the 60s and 70s still in Boston), and it still makes my apartment a little too warm...
I love the warm soup and wearing sweaters that comes with the fall!
Jessica
I love to make soup too! One of my "specialties" though I never really follow a recipe. I like to imitate Olive Garden's sausage and potato soup, and anything with barley is super yummy, lentils too are good. I made chili the other night.
Maria, Will you e-mail me the directions to your soup? It sounds yummy.
We make jambalya but it's not soupy. How do you make it?
You realize you are going to have to post your recepies now :)
I love black bean soup- it's a Brazilian special. I bet Fares or Maria has a good recipe. I just follow the one in the red and white cookbook.
Post a Comment