School starts next week, and I want the last week of summer to be fun, so with the back-to-school shopping already done we were able to play. I am still camera-less so I don't have any pictures of our adventure to share. I'm sorry.
We went to the Aquarium this morning. I'm not sure why we haven't gone sooner, it was so fun. You walk in to see a couple moderate sized tanks with the local fish life we have living here in the Rio Grande. Then there's a huge shallow tank full of shark and sting rays. I could reach into the water if I was disobedient, since there were signs all over to not put your hands into the water. But it was so so cool. There was a eel tunnel, where you walk under the water and we happened to be there during feeding time and watched the eels fighting over some squid. There's also a Japanese Koi pond with ornamental goldfish, bred to look like dragons! The jellyfish tanks are lit by black lights so the jelly fish are glowing as they float around like ghosts. Our favorite room was the last. It is a floor to ceiling, wall to wall tank full of sharks, sting rays, turtles, puffer fish and barracudas. We sat there for quite a while just relaxing watching the fish swim. I think I loved it the most, more than the girls. But we will be going again. We did buy the membership after all.
1 comment:
wow!! sounds awesome
Post a Comment